Thick & Meaty Shoulders With This Old School Mass Building Exercise!
Nothing tops off a mean set of abs like wide, thick shoulders, eh?
Need some meat?
This “old school” mass building routine is just what your delts ordered.
Well for one, it uses the the grand-poo bah of all mass builders for your delts as the core exercise.
But unlike the way most people do it, it hits every strand of muscle fiber from the very outer rim of your delts for width to the start of your traps.
Try 3 sets of these bad-boys…
Old School Shoulders Mass Building Routine
- For this exercise you’re going to be using the Standing Barbell Military Press
- Start with a weight that is 50% of your 1-Rep Max for the exercise (Want to know how to calculate your 1-rep max?)
- Grip the bar with your hands ultra-wide (about a foot farther apart than normal). This is going to really work your outer delts but you CAN’T push a lot of pounds with this spacing or you could injure yourself.
- Do 5 reps with this weight (you won’t be exhausted yet – that’s ok. This is similar to a method I use in my “Hardgainer Project X” hardgainer mass-building program.
- After 5 reps, with the bar in the “down” position at your upper chest area, slide your hands closer together until they are at about armpit distance (normal spacing) and do 5 more reps.
- When finished, slide your hands even further together so they’re just about 9-inches apart, and knock out as many reps as possible until you hit exhaustion.
- Rest 2 full minutes and repeat this cycle 2 more times for a total of 45 reps.
Enjoy the pump!