3 Do-It-Yourself DESSERTS…That Build Muscle & Burn Fat!
I admit it…
…I have a “sugar problem”!
Especially when I’m dieting down, just the whiff of chocolate torments my willpower and on more than one occasion, I’ve completely LOST IT! (Happens to the best of us, right?
But fortunately, I found the secret to having my cake and eating it too (pun intended)!
Here are 3 DESSERTS that are easy to make and will actually HELP you burn more fat…
Dessert #1: Protein Fudge
This one is freaking AWESOME and you’ll SWEAR you’re doing something wrong!
- Mix2 cups of protein powder (chocolate or vanilla) with a little bit of warm water (Start with 1/4 cup of water)
- Continue sprinkling in water until the mixture is of a “taffy-like” texture.
- Refrigerate bowl for a couple of hours until the mixture is a bit harder
- Once set, add in 1/2 cup of crushed walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Roll into little balls (about the size of a quarter or slightly larger) and place in an airtight container in the refrigerator to eat any time!
(Note: The best protein texture I’ve found for this recipe – and the next – is Protein Freeze at www.ProteinFreezeFreeSample.com)
Dessert #2: Military Protein Pudding
Ok, no lie…this is one of the little treats I learned during my time as a grunt in the U.S. Army!
You see, in our MRE’s (Meals-Ready-To-Eat), there was always a pouch of hot cocoa mix. The following recipe shows what we did with it but uses protein powder instead…
- Place one scoop of protein powder (I prefer chocolate) in a bowl or plastic container
- In the Army, we added our packet of instant coffee to the mix also for a quick “pick-me-up”. If you’re at work, adding a teaspoon of instant coffee to the mix makes this a great post-lunch snack to satisfy sweet cravings, add more protein to your diet, AND take care of the afternoon snooze-monster! (Optional)
- Mix just enough water to make the protein powder “runny” and gobble it up with a spoon!
Dessert #3: Protein Ice Cream!
Yes…you really CAN make protein ice cream! This is one of my late-night secrets for healthy snacking in front of the tube without the guilt!
- For this one, you’re really going to need a protein powder that’s “designed” for freezing. I’ve tried it with “regular” protein powder and it doesn’t work very well.
- If you’re an ice-cream lover, go to www.ProteinFreezeFreeSample.com.
- There’s actually a short video right on the website that shows how simple it is to make it.
- ALSO…right now they’re giving away FREE SAMPLES of their chocolate and vanilla versions so you have enough to make ice cream AND one of the other desserts.
The website also shows you how to make fudgesicles, ice cream bars, mochas and other treats and they just started offering plastic molds for these things.